Newsline

Welcome to the Season 17 of the USMLB.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

OWNER PROFILE - SEATTLE SUNDOGS (sharkyaz)

This will be a weekly installment, hoping it will give us all a chance to get to know each other a bit and create sort of a tight knit league.
Rocky Mariners 2
Screen name: sharkyaz

Real name: Nick

Age: 32

Current Residence: Oklahoma City, OK

Born in: Lansdale, PA

Occupation: Director of Merchandise for the Oklahoma City Thunder (contracted through XP Events)

Single? Married? Kids? - Have a girlfriend back in Seattle

How long have you been in HBD? Second season in this league, third overall season in HBD.

What season did you join USMLB? Season 10

What does your team name mean? I chose Seattle since I used to live there... as well, the team characteristics seemed to line up perfectly with the characteristics of Safeco Field. The team name is "Sundogs" after the Arizona Sundogs , a "AA" minor league hockey team in the Central Hockey League. I was hired during their inaugural season in 2006-2007 to build and direct their merchandising operation.

Any other teams?
- San Diego Sharks (Let's Play Two)
- Atlanta Argonauts (Uecker)
- Boston Red Sox (Hot Stove)
- Chicago Maulers (7MICKEY7) - my first team

What drew you to HBD? I saw it the year it started, but I was working for an expansion hockey team... I wouldn't have the time to devote to it, so I didn't join. Last season, when the Seattle Sonics had left (since I was working for them at the time), we had nothing to do. I saw HBD again and decided to join since I knew I'd have the time to devote to it.

What condition was your team in when you took over? There was a solid foundation already there when I took over the team. I brought back a player or two and only needed one or two players in free agency. There definitely needs to be some improvement in my starting pitching.

What are your plans for your team this season? I want to get through this season and see how these guys perform. I'm hoping Seattle is the place to be. The team doesn't have a deep minor league system, so I may break the team apart if they're not performing well. I think we will have a winning record and may be in the wild card, but I don't think we'll go past there.

Prediction for your team? Wild Card, won't make it past the first round.

0 comments: