Newsline

Welcome to the Season 17 of the USMLB.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

All-Star Pitcher Baek to Test Free Agency

Peter Baek
none
none
Age: 35B/T: R/R
Born: Inchon, KR
Position(s): P (P)
View Hardball Dynasty Profile


Tacoma, WA (USMLBAP): 4-time All-Star pitcher, Peter Baek, declined his option to return to the Tacoma Pioneers and instead will test the free agent market this off-season.

"We as a management team are saddened by the news," Pioneers owner "tomjames" commented. "We vow to do everything within reason to bring the All-Star pitcher back to Tacoma."

"I'd like to thank the Tacoma for the past four years in the organization," Baek said. "I think I've done my best for the organization, and I want to test the free agent market to see what options are out there. I need to plan for the future of my family. I can't feed my family right now with the money I'm currently making. Besides, I sometimes wonder what is going on with the 'Tacoma Aroma.'"

Baek has been dominant in his career, posting an 89-48 record with a 3.67 ERA. In his career, he has held opponents to a .245 batting average and his career WHIP is sitting at 1.19.

Baek had a career season last season, posting a 2.48 ERA, holding opponents to a 1.95 OBA while posting a whip of 0.92. He had nine complete games last season.

You can guarentee Baek will be commanding a lot of attention as well as a lot of money.

0 comments: